By: Dominick Giannini
Showing up with the perfect hair style is almost as important as the perfect date or the prettiest dress. It can be a very, very stressful situation. However, ladies, don’t fret. Your savior has arrived! This article is just a brief synopsis of popular hairstyles sure to wow your date and make your friends jealous. But before we go any further, I would like to thank my wonderful English teacher, Ms. Howe, and star athlete, Kate Daugharthy, for providing me with the opportunity and resources to write this informational and highly beneficial article.
This year, one style that’s making a comeback is the vintage look. To achieve the perfect vintage up-do, try the Vintage Flair. According to latest-hairstyles.com, the Vintage Flair is an excellent choice for shorter hair, and goes with any neckline. Follow these easy steps to complete the hairstyle:
- Comb volumizing mousse through damp hair.
- Blow dry hair, using a smaller round brush in the back, and a medium to large brush in the front fringe area.
- Heat up a one inch curling iron, and separate your hair into two pieces: the fringe and the back.
- Starting underneath, begin curling hair in 1 to 1 ½ inch sections. Alternate curling towards face and away from face, and let the curls cool before touching.
- Smooth fringe area with a flat iron or large round brush. Tuck the fringe behind an ear or pin into place.
- Finish the style with a blast of your favorite hairspray.
An excellent example of the Vintage Flair
Another great hairstyle is the Frenchy Fringe. To style your hair like this, follow these five easy steps, again provided by latest-hairstyles.com:
- Prep clean, dry hair with a light hold hairspray
- Create a side-part. Brush hair smooth and lightly curl large, 2” wide strands towards the face using a large barrel iron. Continue this till all hair is curled.
- Allow curls to cool then rake fingers through to lightly break up curls.
- Take the fringe area and begin a French braid, working along the side towards the back. Secure with a small rubber band and pin behind your ear.
- Set your look with a medium hold hairspray.
The flashy Frenchy Flair
Since experience is key to creating these works of art we refer to as hair do’s, The Squire went right to the source of all excellent Eisenhower hair do’s, Kate Daugharthy. Kate alerted us that keeping hairspray on your person at prom is essential to keeping the do through a night of dancing. She also told us that it’s always helpful to have someone on hand to help you bring your vision to life, be it a professional hair dresser, a hair-savvy friend, or even your resident English teacher, Ms. Howe. One last parting tip from Kate, “If your hair goes wrong, you can always wear a hat.”