By: Kate Daugharthy
Looking for the perfect gift for that special someone, but a little low on money? Show them how much you care with a gift from your heart. A Valentine’s Day gift is the ultimate expression of affection; it should reflect exactly how you feel about that special person in your life. You really need to know the person and need to put effort into deciding, so it should not be an easy task. These are just a few very simple, easily modifiable gifts that might just do the trick to make your Valentine’s Day a success.
- Find the cutest picture you have together and make a personalized picture frame. Or, if you cannot just pick one picture, make a collage of all your favorites.
- If you really have no money, give the gift of laughter by giving your significant other a punny gift. You can simply find a stick in your yard and write “Let’s stick together” or a rock and write on it “You rock my world”. This can also use fruit from you house. For example: write, “I’m bananas for you” on a banana or a grab a pear and write, “We make a great pear”.
- Sharpie Mugs
- If your loved one enjoys tea or coffee, give them a personalized mug, so they will think of you every morning. Get creative, and draw or write anything with sharpie on a plain white mug. You can even make his and her mugs if that’s your kind of thing. Once you finish your design, let the marker dry, and then put it in the oven for an hour at 450° to ensure the marker will not come off in the dishwasher.
- Mason Jar Gifts
- Decorate a mason jar and fill it with their favorite candy to sweeten up their day. If your significant other is not a candy person, you could also use the jar to make a lantern or fill it with anything else they would enjoy. For good ideas on how to decorate your jar, look on pinterest.com.
- String art
- String art is a creative, fun way to show your Valentine you appreciate them. Pinterest has many different string art ideas, as well as directions on how to make it look great.
- Message in a Bottle
- If you are a feeling extra romantic, write a cute love note and put it in a decorated bottle. Pinterest has a lot of ideas for how to decorate the bottle and make your loved one smile.
- 52 Things I Love About You
- This DIY gift takes some extra thought. Find a deck of cards and on each card write something you love about your significant other. This is a great gift if you want to remind your Valentine just how much you love them.
- Keep Valentine’s Day simple with a romantic card. A homemade card is perfect for a new relationship or to go along with a bigger present.
- Bake some cookies
This Valentine’s Day, don’t be stuck on what to get your Valentine. Instead, use one of these DIY present ideas that are certain to make your significant other smile. Homemade gifts show the thoughtfulness and effort that your Valentine deserves. Make your Valentine’s Day lit with love, by giving a DIY gift.
If your loved one has a sweet tooth, bake them some fresh, warm cookies filled with love. If you are questioning your baking skills, call Abigail Lundmark and have her make some cookies that are guaranteed to be delicious.