By: Mitchyl Hedman
With summer on its way, it seems like everyone is getting their bodies swimsuit ready. Although working out is great, it doesn’t have to be the only way for you to become fit. Eating healthy also plays a key role. The technology that we have today allows us to find recipes almost instantly. It’s as easy as clicking a few buttons and testing out the recipe. In just a few minutes, I was able to find an Apple Coleslaw recipe on allrecipes.com that’s ready in 20 minutes.
– Three cups of chopped cabbage
– One unpeeled red apple that has been cored and chopped
– One unpeeled Granny Smith apple that has also been cored and chopped
– One carrot that has been grated
– ½ cup of finely chopped red bell pepper
– Two finely chopped green onions
– 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
– 1/3 cup of brown sugar
– One tablespoon of lemon juice or amount to your preference
In a large bowl combine the cabbage, apples, carrot, red bell pepper, and the green onions. Next, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, and the lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well. Finally, pour the dressing that you have created over the contents of the large bowl.
Another healthy recipe that can also be found on allrecipe.com, which is a favorite of Dawn Venman, a dietitian, is a delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad that takes ten minutes to prep and is ready in about an hour.
- Two tablespoons of sesame seeds
- One tablespoon of poppy seeds
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 10 ounces of fresh spinach that has been rinsed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 quart of strawberries that have been cleaned, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup of blanched and slivered almonds
To make the dressing, combine the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and the onion together in a medium size bowl. Whisk these ingredients together until they are well blended. Next, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, the strawberries, and the almonds together. Finally, pour the dressing over the salad that you have just made. If you feel that it’s necessary, you can refrigerate the salad for ten to fifteen minutes before serving for a cool and refreshing taste. For more healthy recipes, visit allrecipes.com, it’ll make eating clean easy and enjoyable.